Monday, August 29, 2011

Chicken Spaghetti

A friend mentioned to me recently that she'd had chicken spaghetti for dinner.  YES, I thought.  I hadn't had of or even thought of that dish in ages.  So I popped online, picked out my favorite recipe version, tweaked it, and tried it out.  The results were quite favorable at my house and for your trying pleasure, here it is:

Ingredients

  • 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
  • 1 medium white onion, chopped
  • 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
  • 2 celery ribs, chopped
  • 2 tbsp butter, melted
  • 2 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup (I went for the 98% fat free stuff and it still tasted great)
  • 2 and a half cups cooked, cubed chicken
  • 2 cups shredded cheese
  • 1/3 cup dried bread crumbs
Directions
  1. Begin boiling water to cook spaghetti.  When boiling, add the noodles and cook as directed on packages.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  3. Saute chopped onion, celery and peppers until tender
  4. In a large bowl, combine cooked noodles, cooked chicken, sauted veggies, shredded cheese, and soups.  Mix to coat well.
  5. Empty mixture into a greased 9x13 baking dish
  6. Top with bread crumbs and drizzled butter
  7. Bake 30 minutes or until heated through




No comments:

Post a Comment