Sunday, July 25, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

Hello from the Midwest. The first thing you should know about me is that I love to cook and bad at following directions and really bad at measuring how much of ingredient to use. I will try my best, if you have any questions please let me know. This is a recipe that I made up because I LOVE buffalo chicken pizza but it's so fatting to eat it out and expensive.

Two chicken breasts
Greek Salad dressing (I like to use: Kraft made with olive oil)
Parmesan Cheese
Green onion's - maybe 2 chopped up
Wing sauce - I use Cookies wings and things sauce
Ranch Dressing - 3 tablespoons
One pre-made pizza crust
Blue Cheese - 3 Tablespoons
One package mozzarella cheese
Goat Cheese

I marinade the chicken for 24 hours (give or take) in the Greek salad dressing. Then grill and slice into small pieces.

I use the whole wheat pizza crust that is pre-made. I have also been known to use two small whole grain wraps if I would like a thin crust pizza. You can use any pizza crust that you fits you best!

On the top of the crust I put a thin layer of of buffalo sauce down, along with a thin layer of parmesan cheese and green onions...

Place cut up chicken on top ... place cheese on top! (I used half mozzarell and half pepper jack for a bit of a kick!)

Place in the oven at at whatever the pizza package says.  I put it at 450 (preheated) and cooked for about ten minutes. While that is cooking I put about 3 tablespoons of Ranch and mix it with about 2 tablespoons of Wing sauce and mix together. When the pizza is almost done I take it out of the oven and sprinkle some goat cheese on top and then put the wing/ranch mixture on top and place back in the oven for another 3 to 5min. Take out, cut and enjoy!!

A friend made me some buffalo chicken pizza and mixed the wing sauce with pizza sauce for the base of the pizza.. it was GREAT! Next time I have pizza sauce I might try that again. I always find it fun to mix things up and try something new!



No comments:

Post a Comment