Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Bacon Wrapped BBQ Chicken

I always love a recipe that lists all its ingredients in the title :)  Try this one out.  I've made it for company a few times since first making it last Fall and it is always met with great satisfaction.

Ingredients
  • 4 chicken breasts - or in these particular photos, 2 HUGE ones cut in half
  • 2 apples, grated or pulsed in a food processor
  • 1 cup of your favorite (or the cheapest!) BBQ sauce
  • 8 slices bacon
  • Juice from 1 lemon (okay...I realize this ingredient wasn't in the recipe title...sue me)
Directions
  • Wrap two slices of bacon around each chicken breast and place in the bottom of your crock pot
  • Put grated or blended apples on top of the chicken
  • Squeeze lemon juice over top of the apples
  • Pour BBQ sauce over top of all ingredients
  • Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Note: 6-8 hours is the original recipe's directions however unless I fill up my crock pot by doubling the recipe, it always finishes much faster (4-6 hour range).  If there is a lot of extra space in your crock pot, you might think about this as you decide how long to leave your crock pot unattended.

No comments:

Post a Comment