Saturday, September 18, 2010

French Dip Sandwiches

This is the recipe that when company comes into town, or cooking for a large meeting my French Dip is what I always turn to. It's easy and tasty!

You will need:

A netted beef round roast
1 can beef broth
1/2 can of beer of choice
1 package of Au Jues pounder mixture (I find this with the gravy packets in my local grocery store)
1 package of good seasoning zesty italian mix
Half of an onion sliced thinly

For serving:

Hoagie buns
Provolone Cheese or Swiss depending on taste

In your crock pot on low mix together beef broth, beer, Au Jues and italian mix. Add roast and put onions on top. Let cook all day for about 8 hours.


Before serving take out and let sit about 30min. before cutting off the netting and shredding it. (I discard the onions.)

Serve on a hoagie bun with Provolone cheese on top. I cut the bun, place meat inside and put cheese on top. Broil on low till golden brown.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment