Saturday, August 14, 2010

Bourbon Glazed Salmon

This is one of Maggie's favorite recipes that I have used many times and we both though it would be great to share with all of our readers.

Ingredients:
- Salmon Fillets
- 6tsp unpacked brown sugar
- 3 tbsp bourbon
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 oz. lime or lemon juice (I use lemon)
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 gash black pepper

Directions:
Combine all ingredients and and let marinate for 1.5 hours in refrigerator. (This is what the recpie says, however I let mine marinate for 3 hours and have let it marinate for as long as 6 hours before)

I grilled the salmon on my gas grill. I turned one side on high and turned the side that the salmon was on to low. I put the thinkest part of the salmon towards the most heat in tin foil with the juices. As you can see I created a little boat for the salmon to sit in leaving the top open.
It took about 20 minutes to cook it but I think the time will change depending on the grill.

I had it with green beans that I boiled it in water with half of an onion cut up and Ham Bullion. I used one tablespoon for every cup of water. The Ham bullion adds a great flavor! Just cook to desired tenderness. I also cut up red potatoes really thing and grilled them in a foil packet with some pepper and garlic salt.



No comments:

Post a Comment