Sunday, August 1, 2010

Pesto Tortellini

I stumbled upon a gem of a tasty recipe this past week and wanted to share it with everyone.  It mixes lots of different flavors and was well-received at my house!

Ingredients

  • 1/2 lb tortellini (ravioli works too...I accidentally bought it instead of tortellini when I made this!) with your favorite filling.  I recommend cheese or spinach/ricotta)
  • 1 avocado, diced
  • 1 pint grape tomatoes (cherry tomatoes work too but gush too much for me), cut in half
  • 3 slices bacon, cooked
  • 1/2 small onion, diced
  • 4 tbsp heavy cream
  • 2 tbsp pesto
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
Directions
  1. Fry bacon. Blot away the grease.  Chop into small pieces
  2. Boil tortellini as directed by packaging
  3. While tortellini is boiling, sauté diced onion in olive oil until translucent
  4. When tortellini is done, drain and add to pan with onions along with bacon, pesto and cream.  Mix 
  5. Remove from heat.  Quickly add halved tomatoes and diced avocado and stir gently, but well.













Enjoy this delightful dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment