Friday, October 1, 2010

Tortilla Chips from Your Own Oven!

It was Friday afternoon, at about 4:30.  Dinner wasn't for a while but I had some good salsa in the fridge and wanted some chips.  A trip to the cabinet revealed that the chips had been finished (and not placed on the shopping list!).  Not wanting to fight the Friday evening traffic, things seemed hopeless.

But wait.

I had tortillas.  I had oil.  I had a couple spices.  I had an oven!  How hard could this be?

Ingredients

  • 4 tortillas - for this attempt, I used flour because its what I had.  I'm sure corn would be terrific
  • 1 tbsp oil
  • 3 tbsp lime juice
  • Taco Seasoning - see previous post for recipe for a low-sodium taco seasoning you can make at home!  Also in that same post is a recipe for some pico de gallo that would be great with these chips!
 Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Cut tortillas into chip-sized peaces and spread on lightly greased baking sheet
  • Mix oil and lime juice into small bowl
  • Brush oil mix lightly onto chips
  • Sprinkle desired amount of taco seasoning onto chips
  • Bake 10-11 minutes
Oven-ready!

Mouth-ready!
Verdict: More please!

1 comment:

  1. Here I am one month later and I just tried this recipe with corn tortillas because they were cheaper at the grocery store. They require more time in the oven, perhaps closer to 14-15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete