Saturday, October 2, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

October just might be my favorite month.  Cool temperatures, leaves changing color, football...the whole deal!  Add to those the opportunity to haul out some "seasonal recipes".  In October, that means pumpkin.

For each of the 5 weekends in October, I'll be posting a recipe that includes pumpkin as an ingredient.

As I've mentioned before, I don't typically enjoy baking.  Here, however, is a pumpkin recipe that can break the no-bake cycle.  My husband always makes faces when I say the words "pumpkin" and "cookies" in the same sentence, but I always catch him with his hand in the cookie jar when they are done.

Ingredients
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup (stick) butter, softened
  • 1 cup pumpkin
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt into a medium bowl and mix well
  • Beat butter and sugar in a separate, large bowl until well blended.
  • To the sugar, add the pumpkin, egg, and vanilla, mixing until smooth
  • Gradually add the flour until all is combined and well blended
  • Stir in chocolate chip cookies
  • Drop dough onto greased cookie sheet by rounded tablespoon
  • Bake 15-18 minutes (it was 18 for me)
  • Cool on wire rack


No comments:

Post a Comment